So I've been meaning to document the words and signs that Ellen knows. I plan to eventually actually WRITE them down in her baby book, but until then this will have to do! She is now 15 1/2 months old... and her signs and words are growing every day! Its exciting to watch. :)
Signs:
More
Drink (cup, milk, water)
Please
Thank you
Butterfly
Monkey
Eat
Fish
Bird
Open
Light
Down (as in get down from the high chair)
Blankie
I Love You (working on this one!)
(forgot these!)
Ball
Book
Words:
Mommy
Daddy
(both now said when asked)
Doggie (pronounced DEEDEE!!!!)
Bath
Butterfly (at least the "Butt")
Hi
Hello
What's That?
Yum Yum
No No No (always multiple Nos!)
Birdie (occasional)
Cat (occasional)
Flower (occasional)
Water (once)
Animal Noises:
"Caaa Caaa" for bird noises
Meow
Ruff Ruff
Moooo
Quack Quack (kind of)
Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow!
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I am trying to do some preliminary signs with A. Good to know it was successful for you guys! Though I am curious what's up with the butterflies? Do you see a lot of them? Or they are in her room/ books?
ReplyDeleteSigns have been awesome for us... Early on (10-11 months) it allowed Ellen to tell us when she was thirsty, hungry, or wanted more. Now, in addition to that we have her saying please to ask for things (instead of pointing and screaming which got tiring pretty quick!)and she also likes to sign for things she sees, birds, butterflies, monkey. Most of these are things she sees in books. The butterfly thing started because we have butterfly curtains in her room that she is obsessed with... this led to a butterfly book that we read, she was a butterfly for halloween... and now there are butterfly stickers that I recently put up all over her room. So she sees a lot of butterflies on a daily basis. I'm not sure that she's ever seen a real one. lol. :)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete