This pesto was made with fresh basil,(totally destroyed our poor basil plant to get enough basil for the recipe) walnuts (instead of pine nuts - and much cheaper!), olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, and salt & pepper. All you do is put the ingredients into the blender (or probably better to make in a food processor, which I really need to get) and then blend into a delicious paste!! Toss with pasta and you have got an amazing meal.
Another night I was totally craving a burger, but unfortunately we had no frozen burgers already made, and it was too late for Matt to run to the store to get ingredients. I was about to give up hope when I realized that one of the menu items for the fresh20 last week was turkey burgers! Now a turkey burger definitely does not replace a real burger... but it was close enough. :) These turkey burgers turned out quite delicious, if anyone has watched Parks & Recreation - meat is always better - but they did the trick.
Friday we had possibly the largest salad I have ever eaten, but it was amazing. It included: spinach greens, regular greens, avocado, bell pepper, onions, and garbanzo beans. It was delicious and quite filling!!
Here is the amazing pesto dish: (with tomato salad!)

And here is the ginormous salad:

We had a great relaxing Easter - we decided to stay in town for once and I'm glad we did. This morning we woke up and went for a nice walk as a family. It was a bit chilly since it was early so Ellen was wearing a hat and mittens. She unfortunately dropped one of her mittens at the turn-around point in our walk. We didn't realize we had lost the mitten until we were almost done. So poor Matt had to essentially do the entire walk twice. Good exercise to offset all of the chocolate we have eaten! :)
For lunch some good friends of ours came over with their almost 1yr old daughter and we had a fun Easter Egg hunt! Ellen was really excited to discover that all of the eggs contained chocolate and she ate quite a few pieces and was covered in chocolate. Adorable. Easter is one of those days where it is ok to be covered in chocolate I think.
Then, we dyed Easter Eggs! Matt and I were realizing that once you have kids you get to do all of these fun things like have Easter egg hunts and dye Easter eggs. Not that we let Ellen help, we decided it would have been wayyy too messy. She can help next year. She was much more interested in playing with her plastic eggs from the easter egg hunt anyway (chocolate removed, we are not that bad of parents)
Here are a few pictures from today:
Yummy!!
Playing in the sand-box
Found an egg in her swing:
There's chocolate in here!!
Found more chocolate
Dying Eggs:
We used as many stickers as possible:
Happy Easter everyone!
Looks super fun! Happy Easter to you all! :)
ReplyDelete