Wednesday, August 1, 2012

5 Minutes is up!

Ellen (at 22 months) often has trouble with transitions, like when we have to leave the park to go home, or when its time to stop playing and have a bath. It seems to help if I warn her that something is going to change ahead of time, by telling her that she has 5 minutes left of a certain activity, and then we are going to ....
So several times per day she hears she has 5 minutes left from me! :) Yesterday I overheard her as she was playing with her new Little People Dollhouse, she said to a few little people: "5 minutes are up! Time to go inside now!" and then a few moments later: "Time for bed!" I couldn't stop cracking up.

Here is the new and awesome dollhouse I scored on craigslist. (thanks to Mom and Dad for picking it up!!)


This past weekend we were at my parents house in Swarthmore to see family one last time before we hunker down and get ready to have twins. I realize that I'm MONTHS away from this, but I just don't feel like doing lots of travel while pregnant with twins. Part of me is scared something will go wrong, and I know eventually I'll just be too uncomfortable to sit in a car for 4 hours. We picked up TONS of baby stuff that my parents had collected for us from craigslist, including a triple stroller!! We also went to IKEA and bought two matching cribs and a changing table for the twins room! I can't wait to start setting everything up. Here is a picture of our van after we packed it with all of the stuff we got from my parents and Ikea. It is COMPLETELY full - the only seats it has in it are the drivers seat, passenger seat, and Ellen's seat. The rest is full of stuff! (and our poor dog squished next to the cribs and Ellen's toys)



After being gone all weekend and working a full day on Monday, I haven't been able to make any fresh 20 meals this week, but we did have 3 eggplants that I needed to use up from our farm-share, so tonight I made Eggplant Parmesan. It was amazing and so easy. Another better homes and gardens recipe!

First I peeled and cut up the eggplants. Then I dipped them in egg mixed with water, and next in flour. (I used regular flour, but gluten free would also equally work here!) I put them in an ungreased casserole pan, covered them with shredded parmesan cheese, ragu tomato sauce, and more mozarella cheese! There was lots of cheese in this dish! It baked for ~15-20 minutes in a 400 degree oven, and turned out delicious. Even Ellen ate two servings which is rare for her to really like the meals that I make!! :)



And lastly here is me at 21 weeks pregnant! Can you believe there are two babies in there? I'm not sure that I can yet, though I'm getting to know each of them as they are kicking more and more every day! :)

3 comments:

  1. Ellen is so bright, and picking up so much every day!!! My sister still does, that, though. My parents have their little sayings, and then Ashley adopts them for her own. ;) Ellen is going to be so much like you!!! The twins are looking great!!! YAY for healthy babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate you are looking Fantastic. I would like a pic of double stroller please :)

    ReplyDelete