So I keep putting off writing this post because honestly at the end of the day I mostly just collapse in bed and fall asleep. Occasionally Matt and I watch Downton Abbey, but that's about it. I keep waiting for the perfect moment to sit down with the computer and type away. Well I think I've finally realized that moment will never happen the way our lives are now and if I don't start blogging even a little bit, I will forget it all!! So this post is brought to you from my iPhone as I sit in bed, we'll see how long I make it before I have to go to sleep. :)
So, here it goes, life with twins and a 2 year old is hectic and wonderful, crazy and stressful, a bit mind numbing at times, but I have to stop and remember how blessed we are to have these beautiful children in our lives.
Ellen is now almost 29 months and is doing great. (Now that she's over her epic 3-4 day fever/flu/cold virus) We did potty training back in December and it went really well- she was ready! We did rewards at first- an m&m and a sticker because she loves chocolate. We attempted a sticker poster board so she could see her progress but that lasted all of 2 minutes before she was tearing it apart. I have to keep remembering she's only 2! Instead she preferred to stick the stickers randomly around our house.
She loves having sisters I think, as much as any 2 year old can! Today she was helping me give them baths and she was adorably "cheesing" at the babies to get them to smile back at her. It was beyond adorable. :)
She loves reading books, playing with her stackadoos, doing puzzles, and running in circles around the house. Please send warm weather so we can go to the park!!
Anna and Lucy are doing really well, at 3 months Anna weighed 12lbs and Lucy 11lbs! Anna has really gotten chubby and so so cute. Lucy is just a bit smaller and just as adorable! They are definitely looking different now, at least I can tell them apart and can say that they are for sure not identical.
They are great eaters though they've recently been on a bit of a bottle strike. We gave them lots of bottles over Christmas when we were with our family, it was so nice to be able to go out and have them take a bottle. When we got home from the holidays life settled back down and we stopped giving them a regular bottle because I was always with them. Unfortunately this coincided with when I weaned them off of using nipple shields to nurse. (A nipple shield basically makes your boob like a bottle) Not using a nipple shield is great, however it also meant that the babies started refusing all bottles. I had gone back to work part time tutoring (3 whole hours a week) but when I came home a few weeks ago and Anna was hoarse from screaming for 2 hours I decided not to work until they will take bottles for Matt. We are working on it- last night while I was at my exercise class at the Y, they both took bottles! Yay! Hopefully we have turned a corner. :)
Quick story that inspired the title of this post: I went to my body pump class at around 5:30 last night. The twins were napping when I left, but their third nap of the day is usually pretty short, so they were up by 6ish. Both were happy for a while but eventually needed bottles (and they took them!!!) I called home after class and since everything was going so well I decided to go clothes shopping at this great second hand clothes shop that closed at 8 so I had 30 minutes or so to shop. After shopping I went back to the car to find that I had a dead battery! Noooo!! I called home to hear screams on the other end- the situation at home had deteriorated!! I called AAA and they were there within about 20 minutes thank God since it was freezing out! When I got home the following was going on: Anna was being changed by Matt and screaming. Lucy was in the swing and screaming also. Ellen was in the bath, and I was told by Matt not to go in bc the bathroom was covered in poop. Toys everywhere. Absolute chaos! Oh and to make matters 100 times worse I had stopped to check the mail on my way up the driveway and , you guessed it, TURNED OFF THE CAR. With a dead battery. So of course it wouldn't start again and was sitting at the bottom of our road waiting to be hit by the next car to turn in. (We had to call AAA again, same guy showed up, so embarrassing!) Anyway so I quickly fed and put the babies to bed while Matt got Ellen out of the bath, and then dealt with the car and AAA. After the babies were asleep I cleaned up the bathroom which was a mess. Apparently Ellen had been going potty while Matt was feeding Anna a bottle. She had pooped in the little potty and had needed Matt to come help her but he couldn't since finally Anna was eating, he didn't want to stop and lose momentum. So, this left Ellen in the bathroom with a potty full of poop. It wasn't really everywhere thank goodness though I did wash the bath mats! In particular there was a wooden yellow duck with poop on it. I asked Ellen as I was getting her ready for bed- Ellen how did the duck get poop on it? Did you put the duck in your poop? Ellen started to say no, but then replied, "yeah!" Gross. That poor duck! I look forward to when Ellen realizes that poop is gross and doesn't want to put things in it! Or maybe it's just time to switch to using the toilet instead of the little potty! I have to look at the positives though, at least she's potty trained, still better than diapers!!
And here are a few pictures of life! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment