We had a wonderful celebration of Anna and Lucy's baptism last weekend. They are 5 1/2 months now and did so well with the whole weekend! Saturday evening we had out of town family come to our house for a pizza dinner - the weather was amazing and we sat outside on our new lawn chairs, drank beer and ate pizza! It was relaxing and so nice to be outside!
Sunday morning we were up early with the girls - they now all get up between 6 and 6:30 - no sleeping in for us! I didn't mind though because there was a lot to get ready for after the service - we had everyone back to our house for lunch. We had mini sandwiches from Giant, famous Ziegler potato salad made by my mother, fruit salad made by my friend Alisha, and chips and salsa from my friend Melissa. (Thank you everyone!!!) I made sweet tea and had a cooler of drinks. For dessert a beautiful cake made by Sweet Tooth Bakery. Half vanilla and half chocolate. I really appreciated, and especially now that I'm writing it down, all of the help that I had from everyone that brought food! It really made my morning so stress free!
We made it to church on time and had one small scare - in the church bulletin it said that we were scheduled to have the girls baptized at the 9:00 service, but we didn't arrive until the 11:15 service. Thankfully the bulletin was wrong and we hadn't missed the baptism!
Here are a few pictures from the special day!
No comments:
Post a Comment