Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cajun Chicken and Rice

On Sunday night we finally got back from our awesome marathon of spring break travels and I did NOT feel like cooking AT ALL. I was tired, hungry, and depressed that we are not pregnant yet. I so felt like just ordering a pizza and saying to hell with it! But, I was good and instead cooked us a yummy dinner of cajun chicken and rice from my gluten free bible cookbook.

This recipe was surprisingly easy and pretty tasty! Basically you just sprinkle some salt and cajun seasoning on some chicken breasts, brown them on all sides, and then bake in the oven with chicken broth, rice, and veggies. I added green onions, red and green bell peppers, and garlic. The rice soaks up the chicken broth nicely and the chicken stays nice and juicy as it is cooked fully while being baked in the rice. The browning also helps keep the chicken from drying out and the crust on the chicken is delicious and cajun-y. :) Yum. I probably could have added in even more vegetables to be more healthy, but compared to ordering a pizza I get points for just cooking at all! :) And as a bonus, it made enough for two nights of dinners!

Here is a picture of the final result:



And here are a few pictures of our trip to Texas for spring break:

Enjoying the awesome spring weather at the park:


Very Busy


Went down the slide all by herself!


Love!


So tired!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds yummy! How long did it bake?

    I would add onions and okra, maybe even some canned tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete