Sunday, December 2, 2012

Anna and Lucy are home!



Anna Lyn: Born on 11/14/12 at 5:32pm, 5lbs 6oz, 18in long
Lucy Elizabeth: Born on 11/14/12 at 5:51pm, 4lbs 15oz, 19in long

We got home from the hospital last Sunday (11/25) and the girls are doing great!
We spent a week and a half there which was really hard, but thankfully they are strong and healthy and home now! I was induced at 36 weeks (birth story to follow) and they were just really early 36 weekers, they needed extra oxygen though nasal cannulas to help them breathe for the first week+. But, after they matured enough to be taken off of the extra oxygen, they've been super healthy and haven't looked back! They are gaining weight really well - Anna is up to 6lbs 1oz, and Lucy is up to 5lbs 11oz (2 1/2 weeks post birth).

We have been home with them for a week now and they are great babies - all they want to do is eat and sleep! :)

We've only mixed them up a few times, we still think they are fraternal but really have trouble telling them apart! In fact we mixed them up coming home from the hospital! I was changing "Lucy" when we got home and I said to Matt - "Lucy is wearing Anna's hospital bracelet!" Oops! Turns out that really was Anna. So...I immediately painted one of Anna's toenails red! :) I also ordered them ID bracelets from ETSY that they can wear on the outside of their clothes and are super cute.

I'll write a first week home post later, but now I'm going to write the birth story, I am finally ready!

Here are Anna and Lucy today with their ID bracelets on:

1 comment:

  1. They are beautiful! And what awesome weight gain!!! Way to go Mama!! Thinking of you all!:)

    ReplyDelete